Sally Ann Tibbles
- Planning Applications
Terms of reference
- To make meaningful comments and observations on all Planning Applications affecting Mayfield and Five Ashes. To note and comment on the Wealden District Council decisions and to take into account residents’ concerns.
- The Committee is of executive status.
- It will meet every three weeks, or as summoned by the Clerk.
- It will consist of up to seven elected Councillors and one appointed Lay Member. The Chairman of the Full Council will be a member in an ex-officio role.
- Any member of the Committee can be elected Chairman of the Committee at its first meeting. This will be ratified at the subsequent Parish Council meeting.
- A quorum will be three Members.
- Any Member of the Parish Council can be called upon to be a Substitute Member for a meeting should it not be possible to form a quorum or if a conflict of interest results in the meeting becoming inquorate.
- Members of the Planning Executive will inform the Clerk a minimum of three clear days prior to a meeting should they be unable to attend and secure a Substitute Member to ensure the meeting is quorate.
- The Committee will make observations and comments on Planning Applications taking into account the relevant planning rules and regulations.
- The Committee will make comments in support or otherwise to aid the decision-making process of Wealden District Council on Planning Applications.
- The Committee will outline policy and actions to enable the Clerk or an appointed Member to administrate the functions outlined below
- It will be accountable to the Full Council and for finance issues to the Finance and General Purposes Committee.
The functions of Planning Committee are:
- To Publicise Planning Applications.
- To give notice of Planning Applications to be considered by each meeting of the Committee through the publication of the agenda.
- To examine each Planning Application against a set of criteria and to make observations and comment in support or otherwise on each in order to assist Wealden District Council in the planning process.
- To consider public comment.
- To maintain a statistical record of Planning Applications handled.
- To take account of the special needs of listed buildings.
- To take account of location when in the Conservation Area and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- To take into account the policies and action plans within the Parish plan
- To make representations on Planning Applications and Tree Works applications to Wealden District Council on behalf of the Parish Council when requested to do so.
- To make representations on Planning Appeals to the Planning Inspectorate on behalf of the Parish Council when requested to do so.
- To make site visits as considered necessary.
- An audio recording of Planning Executive meetings will be taken by the Clerk at the discretion of the Committee Chairman.
- The Clerk will attend all meetings of the Planning Committee and will advise on any matters that the Committee may need to discuss.
- The Clerk or an appointed Committee Member will carry out actions of the Committee and report progress on a regular basis.
6 Public Attendance
- The public is invited to attend all meetings of the committee and are advised that meetings may be recorded at the Chairman’s discretion.
- Ten minutes will be available for public questions on relevant matters on the meeting agenda. This can be extended to a maximum of 30 minutes at the Chairman's discretion.
- For contentious consultations that attract a high number of meeting attendees, a maximum of two representatives in favour and two against the application will each be permitted to speak for five minutes during Public Questions and Comments.