Cllr Patricia Balfour (Chairman)
- Planning Applications
Terms of reference
- To make meaningful comments and observations on all Planning Applications affecting Mayfield and Five Ashes Parish Council. To note and comment on the Wealden District Council decisions and to take into account residents’ concerns.
- The Committee is of executive status:
- It will meet every three weeks, between 17 and 19 meetings per year as summoned by the Clerk.
- It will consist of six Councillors, one of which will be the Committee Chairman. The Chairman of the Full Council will be a member in an ex officio role. There will be a reserve of three members which can be called upon by the Clerk should it not be possible to form a quorum.
- Quorum will be three members
- It will be accountable to the Full Council.
- The Committee will make observations and comments on Planning Applications taking into account the relevant planning rules and regulations.
- The Committee will make comments in support or otherwise to aid the decision making process of Wealden District Council on Planning Applications.
- The Committee will outline policy and actions to enable the Clerk to administrate the functions outlined below.
- The functions of Planning Committee are:
- To Publicise Planning Applications.
- To give notice of Planning Applications to be considered by each meeting of the Committee through the publication of the agenda.
- To examine each Planning Application against a set of criteria and to make observations and comment in support or otherwise on each in order to assist Wealden District Council in the planning process.
- To maintain an archive of planning applications.
- To consider public comment.
- To maintain a statistical record of Planning Applications handled.
- To take account of the special needs of listed buildings.
- To take account of location when in the conservation area and Area of Outstanding National Beauty.
- To take into account the policies and action plans within the Parish plan
- Make representations on Planning Applications to Wealden District Council on behalf of the Parish Council when requested to do so.
- To make site visits as considered necessary.
- An audio recording of Community Development Committee meetings will be retained by the clerk at the discretion of the Committee Chairman.
- The Clerk will attend all meetings of the Planning Committee and will advise on any matters which the Committee may need to discuss.
- The Clerk will carry out all actions of the Committee and report progress on a regular basis.
5 Public Attendance
5.1 The public are invited to attend all meetings of the committee and are advised that meetings may be recorded at the Chairman’s discretion.
5.2 Members of the public wishing to speak on an application should try to confine their comments to a period of 10 minutes.