- Council Financial matters;
- Co-ordination of Parish Council Plan financial priorities,
- Compilation of Finance section of Annual Return
Terms of reference
- To create policies for the safe and efficient management of the Mayfield and Five Ashes Parish Council, to ensure its status as a council of quality
- The management committee is of Executive Status
- It will meet no more than eleven times per year as summoned by the Clerk
- It will consist of a minimum of five Councillors, one of which will be the Parish Council Chairman.
- It will be accountable to the Full Council
2 Duties of The Executive Committee
- The Committee will produce policies, and actions for the management of Mayfield and Five Ashes Parish Council on behalf of the Full Council and for its subsequent ratification.
- Such policies and actions will enable the Clerk to carry out the functions outlined:
- The functions of the Finance and General Purposes Committee are:
- Ensure accounting policies are in place
- Set up financial accounting systems
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Provision of approved facilities for the financial audit
- Authorise project expenditure for the Committee’s own projects and those from Advisory Committees
- Ensure the publication of monthly financial results and analysis
- Ensure that the Council Risk Assessment Process is carried out
- Consider and make decisions on any legal matters affecting the Council
- To ensure sound management functions and processes are in place to cover all aspects of the Council’s work
- Consult on matters with specialist Advisory Committees as appropriate
- Ensure that the Parish Council acts lawfully and carries out its lawful functions
- Ensure that the Clerk’s salary is correctly assessed and that regular annual appraisals are carried out
- To ensure that the Parish Council Communications systems are effective
- Ensure that the Parish Council maintains highest quality standards
- To regulate the constitution of the Parish Council’s Committees
- An audio recording of Finance and General Purposes Committee meetings will be retained by the clerk at the discretion of the Committee Chairman
- The Clerk will attend all meetings of the Committee and will advise on any matters that the Committee may need to discuss.
- The Clerk will carry out all actions of the committee and report progress on a regular basis.
- The Clerk as RFO will carry out the financial policies and budget of the Committee and of the Full Council.
5 PUBLIC ATTENDANCE
- The public are invited to attend all meetings of the committee and are advised that meetings may be recorded at the Chairman’s discretion.