A warm welcome to all those who have just arrived in Mayfield and Five Ashes to live or to work, and to those who plan to do so soon.
Though we may be biased, we think the two villages are beautiful with lots of services on hand, an amazing range of activities and set in wonderful countryside. We trust you also find us friendly.
Here is useful information to tell you about life in the villages. Click on the links for further details:
- The High Street shops stock a wide range of essential goods as well as a choice of fashions and gifts.
- You will be amazed at all the products and services you can find in the village. Have a look at the businesses directory on this website. You can search it to check for the items you are seeking.
- The Mayfield and Five Ashes newsletter, known locally as the Yellow Pages, is produced monthly and is available from many outlets or to download from the website. It is packed with news, articles of local interest and adverts from local traders.
- If you use social media, then be sure to join the Mayfield Village Facebook page. It is a great source of conversations about the villages, asking for advice or recommendations and the very latest news or concerns. If you search on Facebook, you will also find lots of activities, societies and interest groups with their own pages.
- Have a look at the website directory showing the wide range of societies and clubs in the parish and also the page of local sports clubs
- Looking for activities for your children? Then go to the list of youth activities. Or if you are wondering about things for the family to do, have a look at the more than 70 family activities available either in the villages or within an hour’s car drive from the villages.
- You will be welcome at any of the four local churches and can find details on the Worship page
- The village information page has details of local health services (including doctors, dentists, chemists and hospitals), police, fire, Mayfield library, public transport, elected officials and more
- There is also a street guide to help you find your way to all the roads and lanes in Mayfield and Five Ashes
We hope you find everything you need. If not please ask – the library and parish office are good sources of official information.
If you think there is anything missing from the website or something that needs to be explained more clearly, please let us know.