There are now three Councillor vacancies on the Parish Council, one to represent the ward of Mayfield and two to represent the ward of Five Ashes. If you would like to be considered for co-option please send your CV and a letter outlining why you would be a valued member of the Council. Applications received by Monday 03 June 2019 will be circulated to Councillors for consideration at the full council meeting on 10 June 2019. To be eligible to apply for co-option you must:
- be a UK or commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union (yes, this still will apply;
- be a least 18 years old.
- be an elector of the parish, or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish, or;
- during the previous 12 months have worked in the parish (as your principal or only place of work), or;
- for the whole of the previous 12 months lived in the parish or within three miles of the parish boundary.
You do not have to be connected to a political party.